Sweet Garlic Chicken




I can’t tell you how many times I’ve pulled a few chicken breasts out of the freezer and thought to myself, “Hmmmm, what to do with you?” I find that ground beef and chicken are two staples of the average diet that are the most difficult to dress up at times, and many of us often get stuck in a rut of preparing them the same way.

While perusing Pinterest a little while ago, I came upon this recipe that a friend of mine posted. The original recipe can be found at http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478. I changed it up only slightly. I didn’t take many pics, but there aren’t many steps that need visual explanation. Here’s what to do:


Sweet Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 2 Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 tsp each Salt & Pepper
  • 2 TBSP Olive Oil + more for drizzling
  • 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 TBSP Brown Sugar


Preheat oven to 450˚ F.

Place chicken breasts in baking dish. (I advise using nonstick foil. Once this is cooked, there is a lot of mess leftover. It just makes cleanup easier.) Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.

In a saucepan, heat 2 TBSP olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic to heated oil. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the brown sugar. Stirring until combined. Spread the brown sugar mixture evenly over each piece of the side that is facing up.

When oven is heated, bake chicken for 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve.

If feeding more than two people, I would use 1 TBSP Olive Oil and 1 TBSP Brown Sugar per breast, and garlic to taste. Enjoy!